Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

It runs wow great but thats about the level of my success.

 

BF2, Quake 4 are both sluggish by comparison to XP and Guildwars used to work all be it sluggishly in RC2 its unplayable due to texture corruption and what can only be described as "crazy" geometry flaws.

 

Production wise I'm running it on this my workstation and apart from having to create a new user account with no roaming or mandatory profile which obviously doesn't work given the large changes to the structure of user profiles it runs fine. I have active directory access, printserver ad remote dekstop. I've found no trouble with the kind of software I need altho oddly I had to go back to Nero 6 instead of 7.

 

I'm still unsure about the network configuration overhaul. I do find it still takes me longer to carry out any change on Vista than it would on XP and at this point its not just because of familiarity its definetly a more cumbersome interface. All in all its good to build vista skills now and it isn't impeeding my work.

Posted
Just put it on my laptop, and I think I need a new laptop, it seems so slow, its a 2.6GHz with 512Ram and the VGA is dedicated VGA memory rather than system stealing, but its still painful. But im going to take it to work and give it a whurl there

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...