Robot Posted December 14, 2009 Posted December 14, 2009 Hello I am currently having a go at creating a custom ADM file that I can use to configure some phone client software. This is the first ADM file that I have had a go at writing so go easy I want to make some changes to keys located in .... HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Zultys\MXUSER\C%058%092Program Files%092Zultys%092Bin%092\Users\USER.NAME\settings I do not think that i am going to be able to do this am I? As for each different user the key will be in a different place due to the user-name being different (the red highlighted bit)...Or could I put a * there for it go through to the settings folder....? Any help appreciated
Guest Guest Posted December 14, 2009 Posted December 14, 2009 Can teh registry resolve %username%? Try that
Robot Posted December 14, 2009 Author Posted December 14, 2009 Can teh registry resolve %username%? Try that I shall give that a go, Thanks
powdarrmonkey Posted December 14, 2009 Posted December 14, 2009 Only as part of a value for a REG_EXPAND_SZ type. You can't use environment variables in an ADM template because the variable changes according to context - in group policy editor, for example, it will probably be 'Administrator'. You could, of course, specify it as part of the answer when configuring a policy, or as the default answer, just not in key name in the template. I suggest you script a change like this, since you're changing preference registry entries, not policy entries, and that makes things a whole lot more complex.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now