Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Help with a custom ADM file please


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello :)

 

I am currently having a go at creating a custom ADM file that I can use to configure some phone client software. This is the first ADM file that I have had a go at writing so go easy :p

 

I want to make some changes to keys located in ....

 

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Zultys\MXUSER\C%058%092Program Files%092Zultys%092Bin%092\Users\USER.NAME\settings

 

I do not think that i am going to be able to do this am I? As for each different user the key will be in a different place due to the user-name being different (the red highlighted bit)...Or could I put a * there for it go through to the settings folder....?

 

 

Any help appreciated :D

Posted
Can teh registry resolve %username%? Try that
Posted

Only as part of a value for a REG_EXPAND_SZ type. You can't use environment variables in an ADM template because the variable changes according to context - in group policy editor, for example, it will probably be 'Administrator'. You could, of course, specify it as part of the answer when configuring a policy, or as the default answer, just not in key name in the template.

 

I suggest you script a change like this, since you're changing preference registry entries, not policy entries, and that makes things a whole lot more complex.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...