ahankiewicz Posted November 24, 2009 Posted November 24, 2009 Can someone help me? My outlook is working however when I try to send/receive messages it is showing that there a number of messages to send! I need to clear the fault; I have used SCANPST.EXE but the problem is still there. Is there a way of exporting all messages (including attachments), contacts and sent messages to another file(s) and import them back? Andrew
bertster Posted November 24, 2009 Posted November 24, 2009 What size is your pst file? Can you delete emails from send folder? Possibily your email pst file is too large (2Gb ish). Need more info really to help diagnose the issue.
ahankiewicz Posted November 24, 2009 Author Posted November 24, 2009 What size is your pst file? 160Mb Can you delete emails from send folder? Yes It all went wrong when I tried to send a message to VLE postbox, I have confirmed the POP and SMTP settings but I still cannot send (recieving in OK). I use my school email to send and recieve, I think that when the VLE mail had failed I corrupted something in my Outlook! Andrew
EduTech Posted November 24, 2009 Posted November 24, 2009 I did find this problem occured when i was exporting a mailbox for someone a few weeks ago now. If you export the PST as Encrypted it seems to screw up the export. Export the .PST with No Encryption and Just type in a password and the IMPORT it and see how you get on with that. Hope that helps, James.
bertster Posted November 25, 2009 Posted November 25, 2009 Its SMTP if its not sending. Delete your email account and the re-create it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now