DaveMurphy Posted November 16, 2009 Posted November 16, 2009 Just something I'm starting to get stressed at, I've got a Fireworks .png menu image i want to slice to make it into a propper menu, the image is transparent but when I export the slices, the images go to white and not transparent... is there something else I need to do to make the Slices transparent? Cheers
Devontechie Posted November 16, 2009 Posted November 16, 2009 When you export the slices, are you making them GIFs or JPGs? For the images to be transparent they need to be GIF. Steve Just something I'm starting to get stressed at, I've got a Fireworks .png menu image i want to slice to make it into a propper menu, the image is transparent but when I export the slices, the images go to white and not transparent... is there something else I need to do to make the Slices transparent? Cheers
mossj Posted November 16, 2009 Posted November 16, 2009 When you export the slices, are you making them GIFs or JPGs? For the images to be transparent they need to be GIF. Steve slices == layers? in which case .PNG or .GIF (as stated above).
DaveMurphy Posted November 16, 2009 Author Posted November 16, 2009 Cheers, but when I try and export it as a .GIF it's the exact same problem would it help if I used the export wizard? or something else? Cheers
RTi Posted November 16, 2009 Posted November 16, 2009 Yes i think you need to choose Index or Alpha Transparency from the last step in the wizard, as it may not be applying it by default.
Devontechie Posted November 16, 2009 Posted November 16, 2009 Yeah you do need to use the wizard and select either Index or Alpha Transparency (as said above). Steve
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now