Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi There,

I have some Teachers who would like to log in locally at home and i assumed they would be able to with a cached account. Its a CC3 network and it just looks like its trying to log into the domain everytime. I cant change it to "This Computer" so dont know how to solve this. I have made the teachers domain admins and all sorts! I also created local users on the laptops and they still cant log in as again it looks like its always pointing at the domain!!!! HELP PLEASE!

Posted
Hi There,

I have some Teachers who would like to log in locally at home and i assumed they would be able to with a cached account. Its a CC3 network and it just looks like its trying to log into the domain everytime. I cant change it to "This Computer" so dont know how to solve this. I have made the teachers domain admins and all sorts! I also created local users on the laptops and they still cant log in as again it looks like its always pointing at the domain!!!! HELP PLEASE!

 

Make sure you dont leave the teachers as Domain Admins! :)

 

Have you tried removing the laptop from the domain, and seeing if you can log on locally.. then re-add it to the domain maybe then the option for "this computer" will show then?

 

I am suprised that it has disappeard, as well i thought that only happens on a Domain Controller.

Posted
Was abit afraid of dropping it from the domain incase i cant get logged on!!! Maybe worth a try though! It just shows the CC3 logo! I assumed that some sort of problem would do this? I have changed the cached account policy but still no use!
Posted

When you change the policy i would open the command prompt and do gpupdate /force to make sure its applied.

 

Also make sure there isnt a conflicting policy further down the structure to disable it.

Posted
One point worth noting is that a cached logon by user X on computer Y can only take place if user X has logged on to computer Y whilst it was connected to the domain, first. This is so that computer Y can record the logon details of user X and recognise them when it is not connected to the domain! It's common sense but can be overlooked occasionally!
Posted (edited)

If you take a CC3 machine off the domain you will break it and have to rebuild it.

You need to undo everything you have done so far.

 

For offline use open the management console. Right click on the laptop and go to properties. On the general tab make sure the type of workstation is set to shared laptop or personal if you want to give the user more control at home to connect to a network or add a printer. Underneath add the user as a privileged user.

If they need access to there documents you will need to allocate out RM Synchronise or setup offline files.

 

As stated before the user will have to logon when connected to the network before they can use it offline. Also remember to reboot before they do this.

 

Note: If a privileged user logs on while on the network, once it is off the network nobody except that person can log on to the laptop offline.

Edited by mrwobbly
Posted

Logon as systemadmin at a computer or the server.

The RM Management Console has a shortcut on the desktop.

Start this up and you do all your network administration from this unless you are very familiar with CC3.

Changes made to AD can cause serious problems unless you know what impact they will have on the RM custom group policy settings

Posted
If you take a CC3 machine off the domain you will break it and have to rebuild it.

 

I won't advise that statement again then! :o lol can you tell i dont work with a CC3 Network hehe

 

Cheers Mr Wobbly :)

 

James.

  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...