Mr_Andy Posted October 19, 2009 Posted October 19, 2009 Hi guys Have just been informed (after 5 months of machines in place:confused:) that the autocorrect function of Office 2007 on a batch of new machines doesn't work, which it doesn't. I'm given a message along the lines of 'the list of common autocorrections cannot be found, do you wish to install' then looks for the data2.msi from disc 2 of Office 2000. Like a shmo I did accidentally install Office 2000 from the frankly awful Ability discs from the council (a collection of InstallRite packages that are a royal pain to get rid of). Office 2000 was since removed, and now this problem has surfaced I've tried removing 2007 used various Office clean up utilities, poked around the registry and still no joy when installed back. I'm hoping for someone to guide me towards editing a registry key I may not be aware of, as a clean install is a bit of a problem as it means creating a whole new image with a ton of software. Thanks in advance, Andy
Mr_Andy Posted October 20, 2009 Author Posted October 20, 2009 Sorry to bump this so soon, but the prospect of building another image is looming.. No worries if that's the only way to go though. Cheers guys.
User3204 Posted October 29, 2009 Posted October 29, 2009 The way to get around this in Office 2003 was to copy the entire CD to the hard disk and then install from there, then if there were any files it needed it just knew where they were and found then without anyone being asked. This worked with Windows 95-XP too. Dunno if it works with Office 2007, as we're not using it. What you may be able to do is redirect the "CD" location by changing it to a network location, with a registry key. Which should be quicker to throw out than a reinstall/reimage. have a look at: Frequently asked questions about the Local Install Source feature in Office 2003 http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA011185721033.aspx Although, I can't see any reference to Office 2007. Did you read this: Deploying Office Solutions (2007 System) I know didn't. But I think I will skip Office 2007 for the Office 2010 which is due - whenever.
User3204 Posted October 29, 2009 Posted October 29, 2009 Actually just found this: http://www.edugeek.net/forums/office-software/43426-change-default-install-location.html Scroll down, to where they tell you how to change the install root, and amend for 2007.
Mr_Andy Posted November 3, 2009 Author Posted November 3, 2009 I've attempted this - I've even uninstalled all instances of Office with MS cleaning utilities then reinstalled Office 2007 with all set to Run From Computer yet still the Autocorrect settings are still linked to Office 2000. I've scoured the registry and can't find anything else to try altering. I've just given up and begun building an image to be honest.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now