sidewinder Posted October 14, 2009 Posted October 14, 2009 One of the teachers here continually seems to have problems after she'd edited notebook documents. She has got a LOT, probably one of the biggest users of it in the school so I suppose it stands to reason she'll encounter more but recently it seems to happen all the time. She'll update one on a prep room pc, or at home, then when she opens it in her classroom, it'll load the pages then bomb out with 'this software encountered a problem' standard windows error. It then wont open on any other PC. If I open a blank notebook document and drag the offending one in, it'll import the pages (minus pictures and anything fancy) and I can resave and it'll work. But obviously that isnt solving the problem. I first though she was putting flash in there or something but today she just edited some text, resaved and now it wont work. Seems to be the pictures causing the problems as they are the bits that dont import. Obviously I cant sit there when she'd editing one to see exactly what she's doing but she is a pretty tech savvy teacher so I dont think shes doing anything stupid, just basic editing. I'll check her classroom PC to see if theres something on there corrupting them but it seems unlikely. Has anyone seen anything like this before? I know now and again a doc can get corrupted but this is several times a week. It doesnt happen to ANY other teacher. Smart Notebook is version 10 on all machines.
rf600 Posted October 14, 2009 Posted October 14, 2009 which version of smart is she using? as we had a problem with the update before the holidays, it wouldn't allow you to open previously saved notebook files. reinstalled the latest version seems to have fixed it. was the sp05 install that we had problems with new one is brdsp5nbsp2 J
sidewinder Posted October 14, 2009 Author Posted October 14, 2009 Not entirely sure, will have to check but I very much doubt its the absolute latest version so perhaps an update could help, thanks
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now