rocknrollstar Posted October 13, 2009 Posted October 13, 2009 Hi, I would like to create a student user in Joomla, and give that user access and rights to only a specific section/category/article. Don't want them able to access the whole site. Is this possible in Joomla? If so, how? I'd be surprised if you can't, but can only find 4 types of users, which aren't linked to a specific category/article/menu. Thanks in advance.
mossj Posted October 13, 2009 Posted October 13, 2009 Currently it isn't possible, but will be in 1.6. There is a component out atm that allows it but i beleive it's in beta and I would never recommend using a beta component on an externally facing site... that and I can;t for the life of me rember the name ("K2" maybe?) try looking on the joomle extension directory for it. 1
rocknrollstar Posted October 13, 2009 Author Posted October 13, 2009 Thanks mossj. Coming from a Moodle background, I'm really surprised by that. Certainly limits the features of Joomla, but glad to hear they've realised it's an issue and will be available in 1.6.
mossj Posted October 13, 2009 Posted October 13, 2009 Found the K2 module for you -http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/news-production/content-construction/8061 might offer what your looking for in the mean time. Oh and it's out of beta by the looks of it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now