tickmike Posted September 7, 2006 Posted September 7, 2006 Hi. Windows 2000 server I'm at school now ( 9pm) trying to test some staff roaming profiles out I have a shared folder ( with the permissions set for me=administrator and domain/user both with full control ) where the profile gets deposited, but it will not let me delete this profile or open it . Any help please.
plexer Posted September 7, 2006 Posted September 7, 2006 Who profile are you trying to delete yours or the user? who are you logged on as when you try and delete? You can't delete it if you are logged on as the user it belongs too. Ben
tickmike Posted September 7, 2006 Author Posted September 7, 2006 Hi.Ben . It a "teststaff" user account and its not logged on any workstation and I wanted to delete the contents and copy/paste a teststaff profile from another place ( It got mixed up with the pupils profile folder but I have changed it in AD ).
plexer Posted September 7, 2006 Posted September 7, 2006 Ok have you tried taking ownership of the directory just to make sure and then resetting the ntfs permissions on it and then trying to delete it? right click folder -> properties -> security -> advanced -> owner. Ben
Ric_ Posted September 7, 2006 Posted September 7, 2006 Profiles sometimes don't unlock in my experience... although usually local ones. Try rebooting the computer a couple of times to make sure that it's not talking to the profile on the server still.
tickmike Posted September 7, 2006 Author Posted September 7, 2006 Hi. Ric I have just shut down the workstation (I'm going home) but still cannot delete this profile says "access denied". On making a new "teststaff2" user account and putting the path in the profile part and the home folder in AD click apply and it saying that I do not have 'create' credentials ? but I am the administrator ?. going home bye.
Ric_ Posted September 7, 2006 Posted September 7, 2006 I'd try checking the ownership on the files then.
tickmike Posted September 7, 2006 Author Posted September 7, 2006 Hello . Your all great !. I'm leaning fast. Reset the permissions on the folders and hay presto it worked . The 'tick box' was not ticked to add ownership to sub folders. Thanks. From Michael.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now