CyberNerd Posted August 24, 2006 Posted August 24, 2006 I don't think these are available just yet (other than in quantity) but look like they'd make ideal and cheap TC's - one to watch for. http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS6828123924.html
CyberNerd Posted August 24, 2006 Author Posted August 24, 2006 I'd prefer PXE because its easier to upgrade the client and/or add local applications, it only requires one change rather than re-imaging all the CF's.
plexer Posted August 24, 2006 Posted August 24, 2006 Also looking at those the cf card is in a slot at the front unless it has an internal one as well which would make them stealable. Ben
Ric_ Posted August 24, 2006 Posted August 24, 2006 I suspect that the boot-'disk' is internal and the card slot is for additional storage. I did notice that their VESA-mountable design is a little pointless since it leaves you with nowhere to attach the screen to the wall
plexer Posted August 24, 2006 Posted August 24, 2006 I suppose they were just using the monitor as the stand for the machine itself rather than also being able to attach it to the wall. Ben
Ric_ Posted August 24, 2006 Posted August 24, 2006 I suppose they were just using the monitor as the stand for the machine itself rather than also being able to attach it to the wall. Ben Expensive way to stand the machine up
plexer Posted August 24, 2006 Posted August 24, 2006 not really if you plan on using tft's with them with vesa mounting holes anyway. All of my tft's sit on the desk. Ben
Ric_ Posted August 24, 2006 Posted August 24, 2006 Depends if your monitors use the VESA mount for the desktop stand (like my NECs and BenQs do).
Ric_ Posted August 24, 2006 Posted August 24, 2006 True, the neovo's we've got don't. Ben True, but I forget about the Neovos since they have that nice piece of plastic covering the mount.
john Posted August 25, 2006 Posted August 25, 2006 Neovos are all Vista compatible as far as I remember, just un-screw the stands from them, with tools not provided. I have not come across many TFTs that aint wall mountable.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now