badders Posted September 14, 2009 Posted September 14, 2009 I am trying to reconfigure our UTM-1000 and have a few problems. I have reset to factory defaults and entered new ip settings and authentication settings. I then restart the network services and have a lot of difficulty logging back in. I've tried https and http, and also ip and hostname. If I leave it for 10 or 15 mins and try again it some times lets me back in. Does anybody have any ideas of waht I'm doing wrong?
tom_newton Posted September 14, 2009 Posted September 14, 2009 Something else pinching your IP perhaps? If you want to do a *complete* flatten, it is possible with the aid of a USB CD drive and some help from our support folks.
badders Posted September 14, 2009 Author Posted September 14, 2009 I'm getting as far as the certificate error which I click continue on. The page sits there for a while then displays a connection error page referring to dns, which I've checked and seems to be OK.
tom_newton Posted September 14, 2009 Posted September 14, 2009 Can you access it by IP alone? Try http://smootie-ip:81 (note: no HTTPS) that is the simplest method.
badders Posted September 14, 2009 Author Posted September 14, 2009 I can get to a logon box and enter the admin user details then get the same error page which includes the following: This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including: •Internet connectivity has been lost. •The website is temporarily unavailable. •The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable. •The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain. •There might be a typing error in the address. •If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.
tom_newton Posted September 14, 2009 Posted September 14, 2009 Souinds like something is roundly knackered. Would suggest a quick word with tech support.
badders Posted September 14, 2009 Author Posted September 14, 2009 Thanks. will give them a call in the morning.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now