Gatt Posted September 11, 2009 Posted September 11, 2009 How do you enable this? I have put a tick in the "Show Bypass Controls" box on Guardian > Block Page -> (my group) and created a "bypass" user in SG THe controls appear on the client PC when a page is blocked but when I enter the bypass username & password - I go straight back to the SG login screen? Am I missing something?
woodham Posted September 11, 2009 Posted September 11, 2009 nope thats what i get to have spoken to tech support and it only happens with IE. I havn't been able to get it working i have tried setting IE to do not cache proxy settings on a per user basis but still no luck If you get it working let me know how please Andy
Gatt Posted September 11, 2009 Author Posted September 11, 2009 on hand its good to knowits not just me! But on the other - Bugger at it not working
tom_newton Posted September 12, 2009 Posted September 12, 2009 There are certain setups where it fails - all centred around IE. Whilst we look for a workaround, as far as I know, if you bypass the site, then, when it fails to redirect you, simply type in the url again (or go back a few pages and re-click the link). Its the redirection thats failing, not the bypass. I will be keeping tabs on this issue, and as soon as we can come up with a way to do it that works reliablly in every set up, we'll let you know. Are either of you using proxy.pac BTW, we think that may be another common factor
Jose Posted September 14, 2009 Posted September 14, 2009 we have the same problem, if a user trys to access youtube thats blocked, after typing in the bypass details they do not get redirected to the youtube page.
Gatt Posted September 14, 2009 Author Posted September 14, 2009 @tom - we have the pac enabled on the smoothie box.. but not set in IE.. At first I thought it was an IE8/Win7 prob but it happens on IE7 & IE8 on XP, Vista or Win7...
tom_newton Posted September 15, 2009 Posted September 15, 2009 Ok folks, just been on to our Development Manager... and I says to he "How's the testing going to find the source of this IE/Temp bypass bug?" and he says "Testing? We fixed it!" - so apparently... there will be a fix out in feature pack3 (October 31) but it will require a registry poke on the clients to make sure IE behaves as well as it should. Tom 1
Gatt Posted September 15, 2009 Author Posted September 15, 2009 Excellent - good work guys - looking forward to FP3 already The reghack shouldn't be an issue either ...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now