Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Wonder if anyone has any pointers on how to write a post WDS script.

 

What I am after is a script that does the following:

 

1. Shows me the current machine name

2. Asks me what I want to change the machine name to

3. Asks me what OU container I want to put it in - as in which department in the LEA OU container that is already setup for us

4. Restarts the machine

 

I've been researching some scripts on the internet but I'm lost at the moment.

 

Many thanks

 

GJE

Posted

1+2: use sysprep and the mini-setup wizard will do this;

3: pre-stage your active directory accounts, and when you join the domain you will join that account

4: if you've done the above, you won't need an additional reboot

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...