Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Just wanted to put on a post about Isis Concepts. I have been working on a redevelopment of an area of our building to make a 6th form centre and we hit a snag in that we needed some way of securing our old temporary laptops (until new financial year when we have cash for PCs fingers crossed) outside of college hours from the other users of the new area, we looked at our usual joiners for the solution and the costs were silly and tbh not that nice looking or flexible.

 

I then remembered my visit to Ric's school and seeing his lovely Isis Concepts desks and though sod it i'll give them a call, and had a chat and stressed that the desks need to, in the short term, be used as "cabinets" to hold these laptops and then when we get the PCs be suited for that. They took dimensions of my laptops and checked it all out and came out 4 days later and did a full site measure up and a confirmation quote (they provided one based on my info on the first day for me to take to the principal to see if funding could be found). They also confirmed that so long as I don't have the TFTs etc in the desks my laptops will fit (which they do!)

 

They got everything through to me in double quick time, and managed to get the desks to me on Thursday afternoon, which was 1 week earlier than expected! All of this was rushed through at the end of June!!

 

They came and fitted them and they look lovely and really nice, fine the laptops don't do anything for the looks, but they are temp, but everyone who has gone down into the 6th form area has gone WOW and asked how they work and when shown they are over the moon and it has that wow effect that we want and needed. They have also been impressed at the flexibility they will give us and its finally removed the "love" for I-Desk that we (read that as Management not IT Technical Staff) had (hoorah!)

 

So thanks to Isis for the hard work and speediness of everything, and next time around we will be more organised and less last minute I hope!! I am hoping to get funding to redevelop one of our large, but ill fitted IT Rooms to take it from 16 PCs to a 30 PC room with Isis desks like I've used already so we can keep a room which can be a normal Business teaching classroom as well as a 30 PC ICT Room.

 

Here's a picture of the desks in the room (obviously without PCs but when I get them PC'd up a new photo will appear next year.....)

 

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs127.snc1/5460_117436592658_512052658_2535032_6295420_n.jpg

Edited by john
Posted
I must agree with John about Isis. The products are fantastic and the service cannot be beaten.

I thank Ric for his time on my visit to his school, without that and him showing me his desks and how he was novel with the use of them for his HP Thin Clients I wouldn't have even thought of them for this job, and they are really good. I think a bomb could go off and they would still be fine.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...