Popular Post powdarrmonkey Posted August 18, 2009 Popular Post Posted August 18, 2009 You'll be glad to hear that Shutdownertron 1.5 is due soon! This release will include Windows Vista and Windows 7 compatibility, so that users see the Shutdownertron warning window without being asked to switch to a secure desktop first. However, this means that a lot of the architecture has changed and Shutdownertron now uses the .Net Framework 3.5 with Service Pack 1. You might like to take this opportunity to ensure that the framework is installed on your clients before deploying Shutdownertron 1.5. The planned feature list also includes: System tray balloon informing the user of what time shutdown will take place Second Chance Shutdown Forced shutdowns, in case applications leave modal prompts open User interrogation from the system tray ('how long do I have left?') Login session detection and immediate shutdown if appropriate Of course, all functionality will be configured by Group Policy objects, so you have the usual flexibility. Don't want Year 7 to see the system tray icon? No problem I'm currently aiming to release before the end of September, 2009 (but if the testing schedule goes to plan, the end of August). 5
FN-GM Posted August 18, 2009 Posted August 18, 2009 Most people will probably on it anyway as it will be pushes by WSUS. Nice new features to play with
powdarrmonkey Posted August 18, 2009 Author Posted August 18, 2009 Yeh, I'd been delaying it as much as possible but I think it's reasonable by now to assume that most sites will have it deployed.
Michael Posted August 18, 2009 Posted August 18, 2009 Windows Vista comes with .NET 3.0 by default I believe. Windows 7 most likely has them all, but as for XP it has none at all! A bit of a pain as .NET is used more and more these days. That's why I created the Logistix Microsoft .NET Framework Pack 1
powdarrmonkey Posted August 18, 2009 Author Posted August 18, 2009 I don't remember having to install it on Windows 7, so I think you're probably right. In any case, do you mind if I link to your framework pack?
Michael Posted August 18, 2009 Posted August 18, 2009 Of course you can! However I will be changing my hosting provider soon so new links may need to be provided in the near future. I'll update you accordingly
Arthur Posted August 19, 2009 Posted August 19, 2009 I don't remember having to install it on Windows 7, so I think you're probably right. You're correct. Windows 7 already includes v3.5.
bizzel Posted August 24, 2009 Posted August 24, 2009 It's reasonable enough now to expect at least 2.0 to be deployed widely, RM requires it after all and they're not exactly on the bleeding edge. EduSweep has required 3.5 for a while now (though oddly enough I recently found a way to drop the requirements to 2.0) and AUP Informant 2 will require 3.5 for the server end. 4.0 is due out this year sometime as well I think.
PiqueABoo Posted August 24, 2009 Posted August 24, 2009 RM released a 3.5 SP1 recently for CC3 & CC4. 1
fiza Posted December 8, 2009 Posted December 8, 2009 I just Installed Shutdownertron and I have to say it is fantastic!! Any news on when you will release 1.5? Having a Force Shutdown option will be brilliant.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now