SteveMTN Posted August 13, 2009 Posted August 13, 2009 Hi I'm in the African bush without any local help but crocodiles for suicide in case I can't solve the issue with you… Under Windows7 RC 7100 with a modem (Nokia N91, with pcsuite driver last version), the internet connection worked well at the beginning, and after a few days, without changing anything, now it always says "no network access", with the yellow triangle. All troubleshootings have not detected any issue. The modem is still connecting to the computer (Dell studio 17), IPs are appearing, but "no network access". On another computer under xp, the internet access is working fine. I have already: - unchecked the IPv6 - switched off the other network cards (ethernet and wireless) in order to avoid conflicts - switched off the windows firewall - rebooted - tried public and office networks (home network impossible without IPv6) Please help! Thks in advance.
SteveMTN Posted August 14, 2009 Author Posted August 14, 2009 Cut off from a network? But I'm the only user of this computer, I do not not know how I can create a network if I have to because I have neither wireless access point, nor router (my modem works with a 2G internet SIM card). Windows7 says that I'm connected to the modem but not to any network. Since it is advised to uncheck IPv6, I cannot anyway create any homegroup, so Windows7 allows Public network or Office network options. The "network connection details" are (literally translated) : DNS suffix proper to connection (empty) Physical address (empty) DHCP activated No IPv4 adress 255.255.255.255 IPv4 default… (empty) DNS IPv4 server 10.172.11.100 WINS IPv4 server (empty) NetBIOS on TCP/IV activated No Thank you if you have any suggestion. Steve
powdarrmonkey Posted August 14, 2009 Posted August 14, 2009 Cut off from a network? But I'm the only user of this computer, I do not not know how I can create a network if I have to because I have neither wireless access point, nor router (my modem works with a 2G internet SIM card). No, cut off by your phone provider. To put it another way, have you paid the bill?
mac_shinobi Posted August 14, 2009 Posted August 14, 2009 Hi I'm in the African bush without any local help but crocodiles for suicide in case I can't solve the issue with you… Under Windows7 RC 7100 with a modem (Nokia N91, with pcsuite driver last version), the internet connection worked well at the beginning, and after a few days, without changing anything, now it always says "no network access", with the yellow triangle. All troubleshootings have not detected any issue. The modem is still connecting to the computer (Dell studio 17), IPs are appearing, but "no network access". On another computer under xp, the internet access is working fine. I have already: - unchecked the IPv6 - switched off the other network cards (ethernet and wireless) in order to avoid conflicts - switched off the windows firewall - rebooted - tried public and office networks (home network impossible without IPv6) Please help! Thks in advance. See above in bold - if it works on an xp machine then how come not on the windows 7
SteveMTN Posted August 14, 2009 Author Posted August 14, 2009 As I said, the modem works fine with another computer under Xp (hardware, driver and internet access are all right), and under Windows7, it appears connected to the computer, nut the network acsess is impossible.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now