tmcd35 Posted August 5, 2009 Posted August 5, 2009 Hi guys, I'm looking for a CMS to base our schools website on, I'm hoping someone here could recommend something suitable. I need the following features... PHP based Flat-file database (no SQL required - not supported by our LEA webserver) Mega-Easy to use WYSIWYG page creation/editing so any random admin staff can quickly and easily edit pages. Supports a good range of themes - looking for something with a title picture and a side menu. Ability to use a half descent photo gallery. Abilty to easily manage PDF documents. home - pluck content management system Is the best I've found so far but it doesn't have the necessary document management support. Cheers Terry.
webman Posted August 5, 2009 Posted August 5, 2009 Take a look at Wolf CMS. It's a recent fork of Frog CMS with what seems to be a good future ahead of it. It support SQLite for the backend database (although I've only used it on MySQL); there is a photo gallery plugin or two but I'm currently working on another. Not sure about PDF documents or how exactly you want to 'easily manage' them.
plexer Posted August 5, 2009 Posted August 5, 2009 Terry just host it elsewhere? They are supposed to be offering alternatives as part of the nsix relet.
tmcd35 Posted August 5, 2009 Author Posted August 5, 2009 Thanks for the suggestion Webman but there is no SQL support on the host server and I couldn't run SQLite executable on it either. It needs to be a flat-file solution. Ben, I would host else where if I had the time and money to sort it out. Certainly something I'd consider later in the year if whatever I go with now is only suitable for a temporary solution. I have been experimenting with Fronter - Webfronter - and I had been making some headway but I've not got to a point where I can see it will be totally unmanageable by anyone other than me. The whole point in rebuilding our website is that admin staff should be able to post updates easily. Oh well I'm off to check out JAF CMS and Louts CMS. Any other suggestions?
mac_shinobi Posted August 5, 2009 Posted August 5, 2009 (edited) CodeProject: Basic Content Management System with ASP.NET and MS Access. Free source code and programming help Very basic one Or as per my website I always keep posting ( the free country dot com ) Free Content Management (CMS) PHP Scripts (thefreecountry.com) phpCMS - Startpage ^^^ 2nd at the bottom of the list on the free country website and works with flat files - see attached screen grab Edited August 5, 2009 by mac_shinobi 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now