Hightower Posted July 24, 2009 Posted July 24, 2009 Hi everybody, We have created a Joomla template using Artisteer software, and it displays fine in FF and IE7+, but not in IE6. I've looked in the CSS folder of the template and it even has an IE6 CSS stylesheet The images are attached. Can anybody help me? I've not posted any code as I'm not sure which bits you will need to see so please let me know. Thanks,
mossj Posted July 26, 2009 Posted July 26, 2009 very rough guess but are you using png's for the background images? 1
Hightower Posted July 27, 2009 Author Posted July 27, 2009 Yes, most of the images are pngs. I believe Artisteer uses these as it overlays one of top of the other in a masking kind of way. Any idea how to fix this? (without changing images to JPEG etc). Cheers,
Hightower Posted July 27, 2009 Author Posted July 27, 2009 UPDATE: I've tried a couple of PNG fixes for IE6 in the template sections as suggested here: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bobosola/pngfix.js But this did not work....
Dodgex1 Posted July 27, 2009 Posted July 27, 2009 (edited) If it is PNG's causing that. 5 Easy Ways to Tackle IE6’s Transparency Issues - Nettuts+ When I've done it Ive used twin helix. As a personal comment I've stopped doing it now, IE6 is 8 years old and is 2 versions behind so I gave up. But when IE6 has issues with PNG's it usually displays them with a massive grey box round and it's transparency that it has the problems with not displaying png's themselves which your's seems to be doing so Im not 100%. Edited July 27, 2009 by Dodgex1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now