Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Vista Home Premium and IE8 installed on a laptop. When the user tries to access their Orange Webmail account from the Orange homepage it just takes them to a dedicated webmail log-in page and then keeps returning to it every time they enter their details. They can access webmail fine on another of their PC's (with XP and IE6). After trying to "reset" IE8, disabling add-ons and starting in "safe mode" without any luck, I tried Firefox. Works fine so problem is IE related somewhere. I've tried rolling back IE8 to version 7 - still no luck - and back to IE8 again - still won't work. McAfee Security Center is installed but I doubt it's causing the problem as it should also affect Firefox? I don't want to uninstall as it's owned by one of our college governers.

 

Any help much appreciated.

 

P.S. They'd prefer to keep using IE

Posted

Off chance it could be a cookie or setting saved in IE's temp files.

 

Tried cleaning them with the Internet Options or CCCLeaner?

 

Si

Posted
Turned out problem was caused by incorrect system date. I hadn't noticed it was out by a month and didn't think to check because Firefox had no problems :doh:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...