mrwalker Posted July 11, 2009 Posted July 11, 2009 I am going to set up a new school website which will hopefully have various user groups e.g. public users, staff, pupils and parents. For each user group some of the information will be unique to them. For staff, I might decide to put information from INSETs on it or for parents, the latest photos from a sports event etc... I really don't know much about SSL, but I was wondering if it is a security feature that would be necessary and useful to have on a school site where for some information, it would be important that it was kept safe. Any help would be appreciated.
localzuk Posted July 11, 2009 Posted July 11, 2009 I'd say yes. Any information which could be classed as personal should be encrypted. Plus, it adds that piece of mind that people aren't snooping your username/password combos when people log in...
powdarrmonkey Posted July 11, 2009 Posted July 11, 2009 For this, it's probably a nice-to-have. It'd be a good one for you to learn on, before it matters much more.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now