Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Are there any disadvantages to relocating the save location for Office Auto Recovery files from the local C:\ drive (Which gets wiped on restart) to a user's network area? i.e. do they delete if a document is saved correctly? Because the last thing I want is thousands of AutoRecovery files clogging up the network!

 

I would be interested to know if this could also be done for OpenOffice..

Posted
It should be absolutely fine. I've done this with Office 2000, XP and 2003 versions using Ork Tools. I believe 2007 is a bit more intelligent and saves autorecovery files in My Documents.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...