ranj Posted July 7, 2009 Posted July 7, 2009 Hi Have a question on server racks, in particular i am keen to hear from anyone who uses PRISM racks. Ok we have a 45u 900mm deep Rack and I understand now that Prism only do 1000mm deep. Apparantly servers are getting deeper and they have decided to discontinue the 900's. Our server room needs another rack and I can only go for the 1000 deep rack, does anyone know if I can bay a 900 and 1000 together? I tend to stick with Prism racks so would prefer Prism. Is there any accessories I can buy which could do the job? Has anyone tryed to bay 2 cabinets which slightly differ in depth? Can you bay a front or back of a rack? Any advice would be great thanks
Michael Posted July 7, 2009 Posted July 7, 2009 I'm not quite sure what you mean by bay them together? You could in theory stand them side-by-side, but of course the newer rack is larger at the back, but flush at the front. I can't see why this wouldn't be possible, so long as the existing rack is pulled slightly away from the wall.
TNE Posted July 7, 2009 Posted July 7, 2009 An issue if security is important and you intend to leave the sides off is people can put their hand in through the gap caused by the extra depth. The door on the shallower cab may also have a restricted opening but you can always swap it over if room allows.
ranj Posted July 7, 2009 Author Posted July 7, 2009 Security shouldn't be a problem, only authorised personnel are allowed in the server room i.e. my team only.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now