elsiegee40 Posted July 6, 2009 Posted July 6, 2009 As the title says: We've got 2 lever arch folders of documents that need to be done by our Office Staff Can anyone recommend anything in particular? Ideally free please! I found this:SimpleOCR - freeware OCR software and royalty free OCR engine! Has anyone tried it? Is it any good?
SYNACK Posted July 7, 2009 Posted July 7, 2009 What kind of scanner is it being scanned with. There is often OCR software that is bundled with the full software install for them that you can use. OCR is definitely not perfect so they will still need to invest a fair bit of time correcting the output. Even if your scanner does not come with this full bundles can be downloaded for other scanners and installed (just the OCR stuff) HP Photosmart Full Feature Software and Drivers I think that this one has OCR in it. The free OCR stuff is from what I have found very limited, this is the only rundown that I found: Free OCR software? You may already have it... - Jon Galloway Short of that you may want to pay for a solution which will mean far less cleanup and time wasted in the long run. Here is a PC world review of them: The Best OCR Solutions - Reviews by PC Magazine Omnipage is probably the one that I have heard the best things about.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now