soapyfish Posted July 3, 2009 Posted July 3, 2009 Does anyone Know how to access the OBP on a sun blade 2000 without an sun type 6 usb keyboard. It is automatically booting solaris and I need to make it boot from the cd with the "boot cdrom" command from the OBP if I can just get to it !
Ric_ Posted July 3, 2009 Posted July 3, 2009 Does it not have a sevice processor that you can use to set the boot device?
beast_gts Posted July 3, 2009 Posted July 3, 2009 (edited) ctrl-break or ctrl-break-A (or unplug the boot disk ) EDIT: Found this "Also in the blades, you can push the power button twice just after the power on beep (right after the "blind" check phase of the power sequence in SUNs) to access the OpenBoot console. The timing of the two "clicks" of the power button is a little tricky, so you may have to try a few times before you get it right." Edited July 3, 2009 by beast_gts 1
soapyfish Posted July 7, 2009 Author Posted July 7, 2009 I had the same idea I removed the boot disk and went from there. I should have a usb type 6 keyboard turns up soon anyway. Thanks for all the suggestions though.
apaton Posted July 16, 2009 Posted July 16, 2009 With no keyboard all output goes to serial device. ( HyperTerm or Putty use - 9600,8,n,1) Andy
soapyfish Posted July 26, 2009 Author Posted July 26, 2009 I found that if I pressed the power button twice quickly as soon as the system beeps then it will drop to OBP and I was then able to set the auto-boot false flag. Thanks for all the suggestions.
Joovilhar Posted August 11, 2009 Posted August 11, 2009 If you are connected through the serial port via Telnet (e.g. through an Annex or similar device), you can use a Ctrl-] to get the Telnet command mode, then type "send break" at the prompt. This will also stop a booting system, and allow you to configure OBP stuff. I personally have three Sun Blade 2000s at home - one is wired to the monitor, with a keyboard and mouse, and the other two are wired in to my Annex, so I can still log in and control them from either my PC, Sun workstation - or a wireless-connected notebook. (I'm sure the power company loves me, too.)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now