znova Posted June 30, 2009 Posted June 30, 2009 Hello, I am looking at a temporary position at bsf school (1 year). It's basically transition coordinator, not necessarily network manager. My question is, can anyone tell me of any positives of the bsf process? Anyone??? I know pretty much how most of you feel about this, however, 'Are you sure you really want to go through with this' won't win me any favours at interview. So any POSITIVE points would be appreciated!
somabc Posted June 30, 2009 Posted June 30, 2009 (edited) er positives? Well the school should get shiny new/refurbished buildings and facilities. New IT Infrastructure. New Computers / Servers / White Boards etc. If they get a good contract they should be able to specify a guaranteed level of support within SLA's. Edited June 30, 2009 by somabc 1
Diello Posted June 30, 2009 Posted June 30, 2009 Positives for interview... now that's hard... the only real bonus about BSF is that, in those schools where IT is sub-par, BSF will force it up to an acceptable standard. Going into an interview and saying that their current IT provision is woefully inadequate, probably won't win you any points with the panel. Probably your best bet is to go the route of saying that outsourcing IT relieves the school of the pressure of having to be responsible for IT (leaving out the glaring holes in the argument!), and that, with the KPIs, the school has an easy way of analysing whether contractual obligations are being met. 1
broc Posted June 30, 2009 Posted June 30, 2009 Take a look at the Partnership for Schools website, you can pick up a generous helping of their BSF marketing benefits there ..... Partnerships for Schools
Face-Man Posted July 1, 2009 Posted July 1, 2009 Collaboration between schools in an authority. Expansion of ICT provision for SEN students. CPD for teachers.
Michael Posted July 1, 2009 Posted July 1, 2009 It's actually a very good question, simply because I believe BSF has cost tax payers significantly more than necessary. As per usual, the Governments answer is throwing money at the problem, and guess what it never works. Looking at this approach, the positives would be harnessing the new available resources, putting them to the most effective use, training and development with periodic reviews/evaluation and co-ordination with local schools - other Technical Colleges, and Primary Schools etc... Hope this gives you some ideas
CyberNerd Posted July 1, 2009 Posted July 1, 2009 I'm sure there will be a plethora of positives that BSF will bring. An example of a positive at a very early stage in the process was that when I went to a BSF meeting we were given tuna sandwiches with little melon slices for free. I recall that there were chocolate digestives as well. 3
broc Posted July 1, 2009 Posted July 1, 2009 I'm sure there will be a plethora of positives that BSF will bring. An example of a positive at a very early stage in the process was that when I went to a BSF meeting we were given tuna sandwiches with little melon slices for free. I recall that there were chocolate digestives as well. With the bidding consortia spending £5m or more per bid, you might think they could offer more than tuna sandwiches & chocolate digestives....... If I recall correctly I got a free lunch in the LA HQ Staff restaurant
klop Posted July 3, 2009 Posted July 3, 2009 I'm sure there will be a plethora of positives that BSF will bring. An example of a positive at a very early stage in the process was that when I went to a BSF meeting we were given tuna sandwiches with little melon slices for free. I recall that there were chocolate digestives as well. That by far is the funniest BSF related thing i have read so far... many thanks But, we had very lovely sandwiches, there was even a tray for Veggies and what with me being one of them funny lentil munching peeps, i was most wonderfully pleased !
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now