Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Classic on MAC OSX 10.4.6? Am I just being dumb? Where?


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi guys,

 

Do classic applications no longer run on Macosx 10.4? I have version 10.4.6 and in system preferences their is no option for classic. I do have an OS9.22 installation disk and that doesn't seem to install not allow me to boot from it.

 

In the past I have just copied the OS9 system folder to the HDD on the OSX system from the CD, gone into System Preferences -> Classic and set the OS9 system folder as the location for classic - but no more?

 

Any Cds I put in that use classic, just appear greyed with a"no allowed" sign.

 

Machines are Dual-Core MacBooks (very nice! ;))

 

Thanks

Posted

From Macintouch

 

Classic Support

 

"Classic" operating system support for pre-Mac OS X applications is functional, but not included on the Tiger install DVD. Owners of a new Mac without the Mac OS 9 operating system can order a copy from Apple telephone sales, but it is no longer generally available from Apple retail or online stores. (Old Mac OS 9/X 10.1 bundle packages are also available from some vendors.)

 

One suggestion made to me is to get an install dvd of a machine that came with 10.3.x ... and then use Pacifist to extract the 'Classic' installer.

 

I am still hunting to find a solution for you.

 

I have to admit that I abandoned Classic during 10.2 ... it meant I lost some very nice apps, but it meant I had to go out and look what was out there.

 

HTH

HAND

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...