dan400007 Posted June 26, 2009 Posted June 26, 2009 I'm trying to get my new Sun X4150's setup with XEN Server 5.5 connecting to a Sun 7110 using NFS. I've setup the NIC Bonding Ok, created the Server Pool Ok but when I add the NFS storage for the server pool (through XEN Center or CLI) the master server connects Ok but any other server lists the connection as broken. Run a repair and it returns and error of “Unable to detect an nfs service on this target” for all the servers except the master which remains connected. What am I missing? Or is this configuration not supported?
Ric_ Posted June 26, 2009 Posted June 26, 2009 Firstly, it works fine for me so it must be possible It's FAST too Have you configured the storage NICs as it says to in the manual? IIRC you have to do this on each host manually (I may be wrong though because the last time I did it was after I un-broke a host).
dan400007 Posted June 26, 2009 Author Posted June 26, 2009 Thanks, Ric. I presume you're talking about the other-config:management_purpose="Storage" configuration for the NICs. I've checked and this was set on ETH0 and BOND0 on each host (BOND0 includes both ETH0 and ETH1) so I've added the configuration to ETH1 aswell. Ran: xe pbd-unplug uuid=[NFS UUID] No Errors returned xe pbd-plug uuid=[NFS UUID] Error Code: SR_BACKEND_FAILURE_108 Error Parameters: , Unable to detect an NFS service on this target., Tried destroying the SR and recreating it, same problem. Have tried creating the SR with the following advanced options: *(rw,no_root_squash,async) Still no go, are you using bonded NICs too?
Ric_ Posted June 27, 2009 Posted June 27, 2009 I am using a bond. You only need to do the storage config thing to the bond - not the interfaces it comprises of. Make sure you can ping the 7110 too. 1
dan400007 Posted June 29, 2009 Author Posted June 29, 2009 Sorted. Nothing wrong with the configuration, just the order in which it was done. If I configure the Bond before the storage the configuration fails, but configure the storage first and then the Bond and all works fine. Learnt lots in the process of elimination which is always a good thing.
linescanner Posted June 30, 2009 Posted June 30, 2009 Sorted. Nothing wrong with the configuration, just the order in which it was done. If I configure the Bond before the storage the configuration fails, but configure the storage first and then the Bond and all works fine. Learnt lots in the process of elimination which is always a good thing. Dan If you get stuck on anything else give me a bell. I have an engineer here that has worked with a load of the other S7000 guys here to go over best practice etc... 1
Duke Posted June 30, 2009 Posted June 30, 2009 Is that an open offer Andy? I never did figure out NFS with VMware, anyone got any ideas on THIS problem before my trial runs out? Cheers, Chris
linescanner Posted June 30, 2009 Posted June 30, 2009 Is that an open offer Andy? I never did figure out NFS with VMware, anyone got any ideas on THIS problem before my trial runs out? Cheers, Chris To you sir always. Rick is out on site today. Will drop you his Mobile number in a PM
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now