steve Posted June 24, 2009 Posted June 24, 2009 Becta signs Consultancy Services Framework deal with 17 suppliers to education :: PublicTechnology.net :: e-Government & public sector IT news + job vacancies: Anyone used /h ad dealings with any of these companies? Hows about speaking to the staff instead of spending millions on consultants
Guest monkeyx Posted June 24, 2009 Posted June 24, 2009 I came across PTS consulting while at BT. They have worked on other UK Government Outsourcing projects. Nothing against any of the companies listed, but can't help agree that I am sure this will cost the government money. I wonder what their measured success criteria will be (*cough*)
broc Posted June 24, 2009 Posted June 24, 2009 Why would they want to ask us? The primary role of a Consultant is to tell their clients how to do things differently. It doesn't matter if things are working fine; as long as the consultant can tell the client to do things differently they can sell their next contract. I wonder how many clients have come across a consultant who told them "you are doing things right & you don't need me?" I never did
GrumbleDook Posted June 24, 2009 Posted June 24, 2009 I have done ... twice. Once in education and once in the army. This is a revised list (trying to find the old one to see who is new and who is dropped ... if anyone was!) but I know 4 of them and know of examples when they have come in to LAs for projects (not just straight IT roles) and told the LA off ... as the schools had the right idea. Strangely enough in 3 of those the LA replaced them after the initial consultation. The other one, the 5 schools involved asked for the change as they thought the bloke was a complete nutter if he thought the schools were right! (2 failing schools that eventually merged, another that was in and out of special measures and one that was partially burnt down by a teacher who had lost the plot). Seriously ... education! Better than Eastenders any day!
Face-Man Posted June 25, 2009 Posted June 25, 2009 I've dealt with a couple the companies and a couple of times they have really had to earn their money and they whole process would have ended up stopping. However it really depends on who you get from them and one advisor was really not worth minimum wage interestingly he didn't last long there.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now