cookie_monster Posted June 24, 2009 Posted June 24, 2009 We have been given Collins KS3 Science Video Resource Pack 2 to install, the great thing is that it just installs from a share and runs via a shortcut. The bad thing is that it seems to need Media Player. It launches a web/flash looking app that has links to Word docs and .WMV files, the Word docs launch fine but the videos will not launch while .WMV is associated with VLC Player. The problem is that we use VLC Player 9 for almost everything, I can run the videos directly in VLC but not via this app. Can anyone suggest a way around this other than changing the file association? Thanks.
cookie_monster Posted July 9, 2009 Author Posted July 9, 2009 Well this is the reply I received, it seems a bit of a fob off to me. I tested the VLC player but cannot get the videos to play from the application even when videos are set as the default player, this must be to do with how Windows Media Player is integrated into the OS rather than our app so can’t suggest a solution I’m afraid.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now