Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Windows firewall suddenly seems to be blocking an application called Edcomms which is commonly used in schools. When it's loaded, it hangs on checking for updates.

 

To fix the problem, I simply go to the firewall exceptions, untick Edcomms and then tick the box "Display notification when windows firewall blocks an application."

 

When I re-run the program, Edcomms checks for updates again and Windows firewall pops up asking if I want to block or unblock. I click unblock and then it works fine. There appears to be no reason why it's suddenly being blocked. It works perfectly and then suddenly stops.

 

Any ideas?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...