Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Is there any way in gnome to get files in fle browser to show in normal alphabetical order, rather than showing lower case alphabetical, and then higher case alphabetical?

 

see attached for what I mean...

list.png

Posted

Not come across this before, just had a quick look at fedora on my netbook and it doesnt seem to be affected by this.

 

What version of ubuntu / gnome are you using?

Posted

I realise I could have chosen a more appropriate screenshot for here sorry, just happened to be when I was using that particular folder that the problem presented itself trying to follow files in order.

 

Im using Ubuntu Jaunty, and whatever gnome that brings with it.

 

I find the same happens in "ls -l" too

Posted

again ls -l doesnt care about case here.

 

Had a look in my .bashrc and /etc/bashrc to see if there is any special things attached to ls in fedora but apprently not.

 

Looking in nautilus config there isnt anything about case sensative listings.

 

Because ls -l returns the same problem it implies that its at the system level instead of a nautilus bug

Posted
It's of no help to Gnome users, but KDE 3.5 lists the files in the order you'd expect, as if you'd used ls -lc.

 

works fine in fedora its obviously ubuntus patched up version thats breaking it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...