Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have forgotten how or where in GP to do this.

 

I have 60 new laptops that sometimes don't logon to the wireless network immediately but users try to logon as soon as the dialog box appears. I need a way to stop logon unless wireless is connected, otherwise I get several calls a day asking why when we logon we dont have any network drives or the icons we usually do.

 

Cheers

Posted

There is a group policy for this.

 

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Logon > Always wait for the neteork at computer logon and startup.

 

This will make it so the logon screen only appears when the network is connected properly. It also works better this way when updating group policies.

  • Thanks 1
Posted

How do they manage to logon at all if there is no network connection available wired or wireless?

 

Mine just will not log them on at all.

 

Ben

Posted

When they are not connected to a network in any shape or form it tries to find the network, see if the WIFI is in the area if not show the logon screen.

 

In a nutshell if the network is there it waits until the machine is ready.

Posted

Thanks, I thought it would be a nice easy one :)

 

FN-GM: It logs them on locally, you probably have the option enabled that I have just asked about.

Posted
FN-GM: It logs them on locally, you probably have the option enabled that I have just asked about.

 

Sorry you have lost me here....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...