park_bench Posted June 9, 2009 Posted June 9, 2009 Calling all Excel gurus (or possibly just anybody with more nouse than I)... Range_1 Range_2 a...............20 b...............10 c...............10 a...............10 c...............30 b...............20 I would like a formula that finds the average of results in 'Range_2' for all rows in 'Range_1' that equal "a". I thought something like: =AVERAGE(SUMPRODUCT((Range_1="a")*(Range_2)) However, this returns the sumproduct but not average. Any help would be very much welcomed. Thanks a lot. Ben
park_bench Posted June 9, 2009 Author Posted June 9, 2009 =AVERAGE(SUMPRODUCT((Range_1="a")*(Range_2)) OK, This works: =SUMPRODUCT((Range_1="A")*(Range_2)/COUNTIF(Range_1,"A") but is there a more elegant way? Thanks all, Ben
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now