ranj Posted June 2, 2009 Posted June 2, 2009 I have a laptop with Windows 7, recently upgraded from vista. I have had this problem for some time and was well before I upgraded to 7. I have noticed that the clock is always exactly one hour behind. When I correct it manually it will be fine for that day, but will reset the next day. Is there a hot fix that I need to apply? How do I fix this problem? I initially thought it could be a battery problem, but wouldn't that just give an odd time, i struggling to understand why its always exactly 1 hour behind. Just for further info, the laptop is dual booted and has ubuntu linux 8.04 and linux has the same issue so i am sure its a problem with laptop. If I go into BIOS the time is incorrect in there as well. Any advice would be most appreciated. I interested to hear of anyone who has had this exact problem. Its really difficult for me to change the battery on this as its a laptop and I have tried to unscrew a few screws but cannot seem to find it and will probably need a specialist to look at it. I rather not do this if I can....
powdarrmonkey Posted June 2, 2009 Posted June 2, 2009 Sounds like your timezone isn't set right. At the moment, we are one hour ahead of GMT so it would make sense.
Dos_Box Posted June 2, 2009 Posted June 2, 2009 I would check either your regional settings or for the BST options under date\time.
somabc Posted June 2, 2009 Posted June 2, 2009 Are you dual booting? Linux likes to set the system clock to GMT. [well UTC actually]
Michael Posted June 2, 2009 Posted June 2, 2009 Changing the time in the BIOS probably won't make any difference either. I suspect Windows is synchronising its time with a time server in accordance with your time zone. If it was the battery, the date would be completely out too.
powdarrmonkey Posted June 2, 2009 Posted June 2, 2009 I suspect Windows is synchronising its time with a time server in accordance with your time zone. Good catch, so might Ubuntu. Check its timezone with sudo dkg-reconfigure tzdata.
ranj Posted June 4, 2009 Author Posted June 4, 2009 Are you dual booting? Linux likes to set the system clock to GMT. [well UTC actually] Yes I am dual booting with Ubuntu Linux. I have tried to run sudo dkg-reconfigure tzdata but it doesnt like the command, am I typing it wrong? thanks
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now