Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Server 2008 Licencing


Recommended Posts

Guest coquet636
Posted

Just a quick question which has probably been asked but i cant find the answer.

 

If, and its a big if i was going to setup a new server with 2008 would i have to upgrade our Cal's to 2008?

 

I assume this to be correct and would the Cal's be by user or computer......

 

Not thinking of putting the server in till next year but gonna do a few trials ready and work out a costing and strategy.

Posted
I am adding 2 new servers and plan 2008 on them. I was not sure about the cal question you are asking so I phoned Ramesys our usual software suppliers and they said yes you need to ugrade the cals. But we are not planning the full upgrade of the cals until the summer. I am going ahead with the server installs now but won't do the cals until summer hols.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...