Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello Everyone

 

I am looking to put a Plasma Screen up in the Staff Room connected to a PC. I want this to display relevant information on a daily basis but want to avoid the powerpoint style slide show format for displaying news. Ideally i want to use Powerpoint to show long term info (ie pictures from Sports Day or Visits). I would like some kind of ticker tape scrolling along the bottom of the screen with daily news ie staff meeting moved from 8am to 3pm, ICT Room closed for 1 hour, email will be down that kind of thing!. The Ticker Tape needs to be updated by the Heads PA so I want something easy to use and if possible the ability to highlight important info with flashing characters.

 

Has anyone come across something that will do this for me? Free or cheap would be best as budgets are tight.

Posted
I've used Text Ticker and that works from a text file that it reads and runs, don't know if it sits over powerpoint (haven't tried and not in the office tomorrow to try) but it cost me about £30 for 4 licences.
  • Thanks 1
Posted
I use Xibo for this which is free, although it may be overkill for what you want. I have one region set up showing a playlist of powerpoints, and a small region at the bottom displaying an HTML page which is effectively text within Marquee tags and a 5 minute auto-refresh.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...