Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

What is the backup software like that's built into Server 2008 I found scheduling to be a bit sketchy in 2003. Currently thinking about backup and our new VM's, was wondering about the possibility of using it to backup four servers to a NAS before rolling it off to tape once a week. Anyone have much experience with it or should I just stick to Backup exec (which seems very expensive when you need four remote agents).

 

Ideas?

 

Cheers.

Posted
Still battling with this one. I have USB HDDs attached to the 2008 server, but have yet to find out how to rotate them, other than physically removing them. I have resorted to backup from the 2003 server out to a NAS as an interim measure whilst I learn how it's done properly.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...