trolley01 Posted May 11, 2009 Posted May 11, 2009 We are finally making the switch over to Office 2007 with SharePoint Designer. I have just spent the morning testing and tweaking the deployment and the GP settings - and have finally got myself a working install to roll out. However, our EAL staff want us to be more kind and provide some of our software in more than 1 language. I have grabbed hold of the Lithuanian language pack. Does anyone have any idea if this can be installed in the same installation of Office? I would prefer not to have to run a separate installation if possible? Does anyone else use any of the language packs? Ta muchly!
FatBoy Posted May 13, 2009 Posted May 13, 2009 Hi trolley, It's possible we can help each other here! I'm just trying to role out office 2007 as well, how are you rolling it out?? via the xml file or using MSP? If your using the xml I think this should help you : Config.xml file in the 2007 Office system have a read though and it mite give you a few answers. I have the roll-out working ok via MSP (SETUP.EXE /adminfile O2k7_keepO2k3.MSP) using a script to install it but I'm worried about when I need to remove it thinking ahead to office 2010 I would prefer to use the xml file to install office using the msi file and GP but even though I edited the xml and put in my license key in the --> field it still wants the key when I first open office. Did you have the problem of it automatically entering the license key
trolley01 Posted May 13, 2009 Author Posted May 13, 2009 I'm doing a combination of both. For Office 2007 I have created an MSP, with settings for Exchange, etc. I entered the product key in here and have ahd no problems with that. To get the whole thing to run silently I used a config.xml file to specify the following line only I specified as few as possible options in the MSP for user config,. and have deployed all of those settings using GP. I used exactly the same procedure for SharePoint Designer. For the language packs - i did a bit of research. I decided that putting all of the menu's in different languages was a bit too much, so plumped for the Proofing Tools pack. In the config.xml file I was then able to specify exactly which languages to install, and to install silently. I have resisted the temptation of chaining the SharePoint and Proofing Tools installations from the Office one using the MSP. It is just easier and gives me better reporting if I create them all separately in SCCM. And the first trial installation over the network appears to have just completed. No errors either!
chris17_99 Posted May 18, 2009 Posted May 18, 2009 I'm having the same issue with Office asking for the cd key even though i have placed it in the config.xml file. Can anyone help with this?
trolley01 Posted May 18, 2009 Author Posted May 18, 2009 I never got the CD key to work as part of the config.xml file. I had to use an MSP to get it to pick up properly. Info I found on the way included: Make sure that the key is in capitals Make sure to include the hyphen Didn't seem to make much difference though.
chris17_99 Posted May 18, 2009 Posted May 18, 2009 Hi trolley, It's possible we can help each other here! I'm just trying to role out office 2007 as well, how are you rolling it out?? via the xml file or using MSP? If your using the xml I think this should help you : Config.xml file in the 2007 Office system have a read though and it mite give you a few answers. I have the roll-out working ok via MSP (SETUP.EXE /adminfile O2k7_keepO2k3.MSP) using a script to install it but I'm worried about when I need to remove it thinking ahead to office 2010 I would prefer to use the xml file to install office using the msi file and GP but even though I edited the xml and put in my license key in the --> field it still wants the key when I first open office. Did you have the problem of it automatically entering the license key I found something online that fixed the CD Key issue. If you change the line from.. --> Change it to this Worked for me.
FatBoy Posted May 20, 2009 Posted May 20, 2009 Sorry for late reply I didn't have the e-mail notifcatin on and didn't no anyone replied Thanks chris, This could have been the problem. I found someone else's xml template in the end which worked and sure enough it doesn't have the "-->" on the end!
chris17_99 Posted May 20, 2009 Posted May 20, 2009 Thats alright least you fixed it, i found out that piece of info on another site somewhere so i thought i'd pass on the tip
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now