Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey all,

 

Bit of background... We've bought into some digital signage (life channel), which is very impressive, and currently runs on one PC, with VGA connections to a projector in the dining hall and a plasma screen in another room.

 

What i'd like to do is make this video available to classrooms around school, I was thinking possibly VNC but obviously the frame rate is too slow to stream video, I also considered fraps, but it seems to lag a bit on playback...

 

Does anyone have any ideas I can try, I want to either make the PC screen remotely viewable (with sound too) or be able to record directly from the monitor to AVI. [is it possible to record a vga input with a dvd recorder?]

 

Cheers,

 

Dom

Posted
Run Windows Media Encoder on the machine and you can then pick up a stream from this. It may not give you the quality you need but it's free so it's worth a try!
  • Thanks 1
Posted
Cheers fella's Camstudio is awesome!

 

(I did try with VLC too, but had no joy :()

 

Dom

 

No problem, is great for getting vids off of of the bbc website too.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...