Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi

 

I have my servers in WSUS. All show but one. Its a Windows Server 2008 Server. It has the proper configuration applied but still doesn't show. I have used the script to reset the SID for XP and Server 2003 but it doesn't work on 2008.

 

Does anyone have one for 2008 please?

 

Thanks

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
Extract a script? Yep that's my wsus version

 

Sorry I mis-read what you wrote above!

 

I can't say I've ever reset any SID on a DC, but it should be OK, as remember this isn't the system SID but more the Windows Update or WSUS SID. From memory, all the 2003/XP script does is delete the entry values in the registry and they're re-created when the server is rebooted. Working on this theory, if you create an export of the registry keys, then delete the values of the entries and reboot it should then be detected in WSUS.

Posted
Did you stop the Automatic Updates service before deleting the registry values? It should work manually. Can't see why it wouldn't?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...