FN-GM Posted April 29, 2009 Posted April 29, 2009 (edited) Hi, Abit ironic that ISA is blocking Microsoft Silverlight! It is stopping content being shown on sites such as ITV Player. This is a post with a similar issue - [isapros] Re: Silverlight through ISA 2006 - isapros - FreeLists Does anyone know how to fix it please? We are running ISA 2006 Edit: this is another site we get the problem with: http://www.microsoft.com/emea/spotlight Edited April 29, 2009 by FN-GM
ZeroHour Posted April 29, 2009 Posted April 29, 2009 I thought that was fixed in the later versions? I knew the issue was in silverlight 1 but I thought MS knew as well and were fixing it in silverlight 2 beta.
FN-GM Posted April 29, 2009 Author Posted April 29, 2009 I thought that was fixed in the later versions? I knew the issue was in silverlight 1 but I thought MS knew as well and were fixing it in silverlight 2 beta. We are using the latest silverlight
bio Posted July 1, 2009 Posted July 1, 2009 encountered the same problem today. It seems that silverlight cannot use authentication through a proxy. Fixed it by creating a new rule without using AD authentication to that mentioned site. Place this rule above the rule with AD authentication. regards bio..
ZeroHour Posted July 1, 2009 Posted July 1, 2009 Actually has anyone tried the firewall client as it may fix the issue (although I am not keen to mass roll the client out)
spc-rocket Posted July 1, 2009 Posted July 1, 2009 Actually has anyone tried the firewall client as it may fix the issue (although I am not keen to mass roll the client out) We have deployed the firewall client since day one and never had any problems with it. I would not advise installing FWC on any servers though as you want to keep them as SecureNAT clients. Ash.
bio Posted July 2, 2009 Posted July 2, 2009 Actually has anyone tried the firewall client as it may fix the issue (although I am not keen to mass roll the client out) We have FW clients on all 900 pc's.. no problems at all regards bio..
mullet_man Posted July 2, 2009 Posted July 2, 2009 Anyone got a good sliverlight URL I can test when I get into work? We have ISA 2006, am pretty sure it works?
SYNACK Posted July 2, 2009 Posted July 2, 2009 There is an embedded silverlight video on this page: Silverlight Media and Expression Encoder : Silverlight Streaming Plug-in for Expression Encoder It is actually discussing the plugin for expression that lest you use the free 10gb of MS streaming hosting really easily. It actually looks really awesome
FN-GM Posted July 2, 2009 Author Posted July 2, 2009 We dont use Auth and its still blocked. Do you have to allow a different port or something?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now