Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Our secretary printed off a copy of our updated staff handbook, everything printed ok except for 1 page which had nearly all of the text missing - the only thing that prints is 5 out of 8 bullet points.

 

I've copied some of the text into another document and still have the same issue however any text added seperatly is visible, changing the font preferences also makes no difference.

 

In print preview everything appears as normal however once sent to a printer the affected text no longer appears, its not printer specific and even happens with a PDF printer.

 

I've attached a sample document with a few lines of text from the affected page and some sample text, I've checked the document for macros, there are none.

 

I've only spent 20 or so mins on this so far and may just need coffee but so far I can't see what the difference is between the text.

 

Cheers,

 

James

InvisibleText.doc

InvisibleText.pdf

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

How very interesting. Even if the format from Testing 123 is pasted onto the invisible text it doesn't appear. However doing the format paste the other way round doesn't make Testing 123 dissappear. One for investigation I think. Especially as it retains the formatting when pasted into a new .Doc

 

I love mysteries.

 

OK I Saved As .xml Opened in XML Editor (Word) and discovered that the line is a mix of Lucida and Times font. Changed all to Times 14 pt and voila words appear in print:)

Edited by leco

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...