Face-Man Posted April 21, 2009 Posted April 21, 2009 I was wondering what policy you all have concerning online storage and remote access portals (ie http://www.mesh.com , Online file storage | Livedrive ) I've got them banned but can see how they will be useful for staff (self included) and possibly sixth form
techyphil Posted April 21, 2009 Posted April 21, 2009 hey I've just found mesh.com last week and find it very useful. I'm not sure how many students currently use it. I don't have an issue blocking it as they are not installing the agents onto the workstations and they would possibly use it a lot like email attachments. The only thing that might be annoying is if they stream their mp3's through the silverlight player. But hey, if they can't do it that way, then they'll try another way. They can't download the major file types because of the file screen's put in place. I'd treat it like an email system. If they abuse - they lose.
Sylv3r Posted April 21, 2009 Posted April 21, 2009 They are available here although I don't see them appearing in the logs so I guess they don't use them. We also allow USB memory pens so I see very little difference so we won't be blocking them.
Face-Man Posted April 24, 2009 Author Posted April 24, 2009 Thanks for that. My worry with mesh is it acts as remote desktop from a browser so the kids can get on their home pc and surf anywhere.....
Lostsoul125 Posted May 6, 2009 Posted May 6, 2009 My work place uses mesh, for reasons I don't know why. Mesh hasn't cause us any trouble yet, and I would like to keep it that way
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now