Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm running Backup Exec 11D on our servers. I use Liveupdate to patch the software on the media servers but I can't see a way to update the 'Remote Agents' there isn't a Liveupdate feature on the server where the remote agent is installed. I've tried a remote install of the agent after applying patches and service packs to the media server but this doesn't seem to update the agent. If I down load the update 39 manually and run it it also fails.

 

Update 39 says "hotfix contains a critical fix for the Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers" so i'd like to know how to deploy it.

 

Backup Exec 11.0 for Windows Servers revision 6235 Hotfix 39

 

Anyone here running Backup Exec that knows how this is done?

 

Cheers.

Posted (edited)

You normally do liveupdate on the Backup Exec Media Server then push the agents to the remote servers. Under Tools menu.

 

Hope this helps.

 

Sorry just read this again... after re-pushing the agents to the remote servers, has it updated the DLL described in the Symantec doc?

Edited by tech-man
Posted

Ah so redeploying is the process then. I was looking in the about tab in the agent control panel for the update number, on the media server that tab always lists the hotfixes but it doesn't on the agent tab so I assumed that was due to it not being updated.

 

I'll check the dll tomorrow.

 

Thanks.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...