pete Posted June 19, 2006 Posted June 19, 2006 I'm looking at how feasible it would be to use PARS.net via thin clients, and am wondering what the "sweet spot" is between RDP and Citrix. I'm guessing >=10 users for desktop use (based upon me simulating general use on a dual xeon box). Can RDP comfortably handle more if users are just using one application set as their shell? I'm waiting on a demo disk from PARS, so I'm not sure what resources it will use.
Ric_ Posted June 19, 2006 Posted June 19, 2006 You will get 30 users onto a dual xeon with plenty of RAM - poss. more depending on how hungry the app is.
pete Posted June 20, 2006 Author Posted June 20, 2006 You will get 30 users onto a dual xeon with plenty of RAM - poss. more depending on how hungry the app is. cheers, demo disks arrived today.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now