Danny159 Posted April 7, 2009 Posted April 7, 2009 Hey, On my home network I have a main PC with Windows Vista Home Premium and a Laptop with Windows Vista Business... My HomeP PC can see the laptop but the laptop will not see the main PC....! I need this for the printer on my main PC... I have tryed to ping my HomeP PC from the laptop and it times out.... Any ideas? Dan
marktoulson Posted April 7, 2009 Posted April 7, 2009 do you use norton by anychance try adding your ip range into your firewall allow list 1
Danny159 Posted April 7, 2009 Author Posted April 7, 2009 do you use norton by anychance try adding your ip range into your firewall allow list I use norton but the laptop does not. I will check firewall now Dan
marktoulson Posted April 7, 2009 Posted April 7, 2009 you may need to speciy a range of ip's in the norton personal firewall 1
Danny159 Posted April 7, 2009 Author Posted April 7, 2009 YAY! Thanks guys, it was Norton, grrr I dislike it! Cheers
dwhyte85 Posted April 7, 2009 Posted April 7, 2009 Another annoying feature with vista - check if you have selected 'work' or 'home' for the network type, the latter hides your computer and can be a right pain - although that wasn't your issue - hopefully save someone else with a similar issue, you got it fixed though :-D! 1
marktoulson Posted April 7, 2009 Posted April 7, 2009 glad you got it sorted norton is a major pain in the bum
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now