Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have Ubuntu 9.04 beta on an LVM with the root filesystem /

 

I am trying to add a third disk to the LVM but I cannot see how you resize the filesystem. I have followed the steps on Resizing Ubuntu's root file system with LVM but the last step resizing the filesystem with

resize2fs -f /dev/ulvm/uvlm

gives an error (something to do with dev-mapper and the kernel)

 

The file system is 1.5TB but the Volume group is at 1.9TB (added 500GB drive to the volume group)

 

  --- Volume group ---
 VG Name               ulvm
 System ID             
 Format                lvm2
 Metadata Areas        3
 Metadata Sequence No  4
 VG Access             read/write
 VG Status             resizable
 MAX LV                0
 Cur LV                1
 Open LV               1
 Max PV                0
 Cur PV                3
 Act PV                3
 VG Size               1.94 TB
 PE Size               4.00 MB
 Total PE              509807
 Alloc PE / Size       509613 / 1.94 TB
 Free  PE / Size       194 / 776.00 MB

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...