teejay Posted March 30, 2009 Posted March 30, 2009 I have no problem with the fact that adverts have to be on the site to fund edugeek, but I'm getting a bit fed up with the number of adverts for what I would call 'scam' sites, such as the 'claim a free Wii' or 'Congratulations, you are the 1 millionth visitor, click here to claim your prize' and get rich quick schemes. Is there some way the ads could be filtered a bit more to reflect the status of the site as being a professional education IT site?
Guest Guest Posted March 30, 2009 Posted March 30, 2009 Yep, not massively impressed with the "lose weight" ones which at a glance look like porn ads, infact ive had someone make that comment today!
EduTech Posted March 30, 2009 Posted March 30, 2009 Unfortunatly we do get these kind of advert's come through... its mainly down to google i believe.. I know ZH does keep track on the adverts that come through and does try and keep the SPAM away.. i am sure he will take what you have said and do something about it. I know that most of the Ad's come from the words in topic's, but nothing of the nature of the Ad's is said in the post's so its kind of hard to say its down to that but i am sure ZH will be along shortly and will be able to give you a better explination to as why these sneek through James.
pooley Posted March 30, 2009 Posted March 30, 2009 In work I wont "risk" the ads that come through so use IFrefox with adblock plus. At home I allow them
torledo Posted March 30, 2009 Posted March 30, 2009 £3800/month part-time job. 15 grandin 3 months. you'd struggle to find such ludicrous claims in adverts stuck to the inside of bus shelters or stuck to lampposts.
ZeroHour Posted March 30, 2009 Posted March 30, 2009 Sorry for the ad's but our provider changed systems (this time its not google) and the ad's are being filtered out as fast as possible. If you find any ad's please try to copy the link it points to and post it in the thread below and I will pass it on asap. http://www.edugeek.net/forums/edugeek-net-site-problems/32512-inappropriate-adverts-edugeek-post-url-here.html Sorry again about this but hopefully it will settle down soon. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now