ninjabeaver Posted February 27, 2009 Posted February 27, 2009 Anyone else got an APC AP9619. Ours is plugged into the back of a SMART UPS 3000. The network light is flashing away, but I can't HyperTerminal or Telnet into it. I also can't access the Web Interface. Anyone else got one of these cards and can help a bit with it? I take it these are not hotswapable so I can take it out and test it in another 3000? Cheers,
TonyDigital Posted February 27, 2009 Posted February 27, 2009 Anyone else got an APC AP9619. Ours is plugged into the back of a SMART UPS 3000. The network light is flashing away, but I can't HyperTerminal or Telnet into it. I also can't access the Web Interface. Anyone else got one of these cards and can help a bit with it? I take it these are not hotswapable so I can take it out and test it in another 3000? Cheers, Hi, You should try resetting the card, if that doesn't work you should call APC support at 800-555-2725 they can walk you through several options of resetting the card manually and through software. You can also take the AP9619 out of the 3000 and try it in another APC UPS. Any UPS with a SmartSlot will support it. Looking forward to hearing good news! Tony APC Battery Backup Specialists
m25man Posted February 28, 2009 Posted February 28, 2009 You must have your telnet client setup correctly and the correct comms cable. Press the reset button with a paperclip. You will have only about 20 seconds to gain telnet control before the unit switches back to pass thru mode. Once you have control the log in is apc and apc The menu in intuative enough to reset to your needs. Once programmed save the settings and the web interface will work. The AP9617 is the 10/100 interface and needs the latest firmare to work with the NetShutdown software.
Taylor999 Posted October 22, 2009 Posted October 22, 2009 You could also use a serial cable to connect to the UPS Simply open a hyper-terminal session set the baudrate to 2400 and login with the default username apc and default password apc This will give you full access to all the menu's for configuration or reset as required. John APC Battery Power Protection Specialists
robknowles Posted October 22, 2009 Posted October 22, 2009 Hello, Is it new? If so you need to setup an option in your DHCP Server (option 43 and put in a code - the hexadecimal - says 1APC in the end), then reboot the network card and then it will put up an IP Address from DHCP. Rob
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now